- The types of information we collect when you visit the Apperson website or subscribe to or otherwise use the Apperson services, both free and paid (collectively, our “Services”).
- Our practices for using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing the information collected.
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Services. This information includes the following:
Information You Provide Directly to Us. The information we collect on or through our Services may include the following:
- Information you provide when you complete our online forms and register for our Services. This information may include the name of your school, your name and email address. And may also include your phone number and physical address. If you are subscribing to fee-paid Services, we may also collect credit card and other billing/payment information.
- Records and copies of your correspondence, including email address, if you contact us for any reason.
- Details of any transactions you carry out through our Services and the fulfillment of your orders for our Services.
Information We Collect Automatically. As you navigate through and interact with our Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and usage patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Services, including the resources that you access and use on the Services.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
- Responses to our email communications to you.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services, known as behavioral tracking. See below for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on this website and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data. This data helps us to improve our Services and to deliver better and more personalized features to you, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Services according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Services.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Services and their contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide your information.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any agreements entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Services or any additional products or services we offer or provide.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Services.
- For the purpose of aggregated statistical analysis of how you and others use our Services, unless prohibited by the terms of our license agreement with you.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use information we collect to contact schools and teachers about our own and third parties’ goods and services that we believe may be of interest. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please send us an email at email@example.com. For more information, see What Are Your Choices About How We Use and Share Your Information? below.
How Is Your Information Shared?
We may disclose aggregated information about users of our Services, and information that does not identify any individual, unless prohibited by the terms of our license agreement with you.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to enable us to provide the Services to you and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Apperson’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of a bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Apperson about our users is among the assets transferred, provided the buyer or other successor is subject to the same commitments to protect the collected information as is Apperson.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- With your consent, including pursuant to the terms of any agreement between us.
We may also disclose personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce our agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Apperson, our customers or others.
Other than as described above, we will never provide your information to anyone for any purpose under any circumstances, including for targeted advertising or marketing purposes.
What Are Your Choices About How We Use and Share Your Information?
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to give you the following controls over your information:
Promotional Offers from Apperson. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by Apperson to promote our products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, the email will have an “unsubscribe” feature that will allow you to opt-out of receiving future email distributions.
How Can You Access and Correct Your Information?
You may edit much of your personal information in your account settings within the Services. For information that cannot be edited by you or an account administrator, the account administrator may send us an e-mail at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us.
We cannot delete all of your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
How Is Your Information Kept Secure?
We have implemented and maintain a comprehensive security program that is reasonably designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure through the use of administrative, technological and physical safeguards. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers behind firewalls and will be backed up on a regular basis. Any online payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Immediately upon becoming aware of any unauthorized disclosure, access, alteration or use of your information associated with your Apperson account, or of circumstances that could have resulted in unauthorized access to or disclosure or use of such information, we will notify you or the relevant school authorities, as appropriate, fully investigate the incident, and cooperate fully with any investigation of and response to the incident. Except as otherwise required by law, we will not provide notice of the incident directly to other individuals whose Information was involved, regulatory agencies, or other entities without prior written permission from you or the relevant school authorities, as appropriate.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Services. Except as otherwise agreed in our license agreement with you, we are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained within the Services.
What Is Our Data Retention Policy?
We will retain any personal information we collect through the Services only as needed to provide the Services to you. We also may retain and use your information as we deem necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
What If You Have Questions or Comments?
Updated: August 1, 2019